Tutorial and Workshop Organization
- Co-organized GermEval Shared Task on inferring Cognitive and Motivational style from text.
- Initiated Interspeech special session on Incrementality and Responsiveness. Chaired two sessions at Interspeech 2017.
- Summerschool: taught ESSLLI advanced course on Incremental Speech and Language Processing for Interactive Systems with A. Köhn, Bolzano, Italy.
- Taught Interspeech Tutorial on Recent Advances in Incremental Spoken Language Processing, with D. Schlangen, attended by more than 80 participants, Lyon, France.
- Initiated and organized the Workshop on Architectures for Conversationally Competent Spoken Dialogue Systems in Hamburg with 26 European and national participants.
- Co-organized the annual Young Researchers’ Roundtable on Spoken Dialogue Systems (YRRSDS 2012) in Seoul, Korea with 34 international participants.
Workshop and Committee Participation
- I am reviewing for most relevant conferences and journals in my area of research including *ACL, AAAI, CoLing, Interspeech, EADH, ACH, ICASSP, ASRU, SigDial, EMNLP, CoNLL, HRI, CHI, ICMI, and Computer Speech and Language, Language Resources and Evaluation, Natural Language Engineering, ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, Knowledge-Based Systems, Dialogue & Discourse . . .
- I have repeatedly been invited to give talks and guest lectures in academic and industry settings. A list of these activities is available upon request.
- faculty advisor for the Young Researcher’s Roundtable on Spoken Dialog Systems (multiple times). Student paper mentor for SigDial conference (2019). List of advised student available upon request.
- Invited participant to Dagstuhl meeting 20021 on Spoken Language Interaction with Virtual Agents and Robots.
- Admittance committee for MSc/PhD programs in language technologies at CMU.
- Invited participant to Dagstuhl meeting 16442 on Vocalization in Humans, Animals and Robots.
- Appointment committee for a professorship (W2) at Universität Hamburg.
- Invited expert at the Interspeech Doctoral Consortium in Dresden.
- Invited participant to the NII Shonan Meeting on Synchronous Machine Translation.
- Participant in the EU-funded ROCKIT roadmapping workshop to outline the future of conversational interaction technologies.
Edit | History | Recent Changes (all) | Search
Page last modified on January 20, 2021, at 06:14 PM
Powered by PmWiki