Very brief curriculum vitae of Timo Baumann
Full CV available upon request (try e-mail).
- starting 2/2022
- Professor for AI and NLP, OTH Regensburg
- Acting professor in machine learning, Universität Hamburg
- Research and teaching associate (once again), Universität Hamburg
- Systems Scientist in the Language Technologies Institute at Carnegie Mellon University
- Research and teaching assistant, Universität Hamburg
- Visiting researcher, University of Texas at El Paso
- 1/2011 - 7/2011
- Research assistant, Bielefeld University
- 10/2010 - 12/2010
- Researcher, UP transfer GmbH, Potsdam
- 5/2007 - 11/2010
- Research assistant, University of Potsdam
- 5/2009 - 9/2009
- Visiting Researcher, KTH Stockholm
- Intern, IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Böblingen
- 7/2004 - 10/2004
- Intern, voice INTER connect GmbH, Dresden
- 2000 - 2001
- Civilian service
- 10/2007 - 5/2013
- Doctoral studies in Computational Linguistics, Bielefeld University, "summa cum laude", under the supervision of David Schlangen.
- 2004 - 2007
- Graduate studies in Informatics, Universität Hamburg, final grade "sehr gut" (1.2).
- 9/2005 - 3/2006
- Studies in Informatics, Universidad de Granada.
- 2003 - 2004
- Studies in Informatics, Computational Linguistics and Linguistics, Université de Genève.
- 2001 - 2003
- Undergraduate studies in Informatics, Universität Hamburg, final grade "sehr gut".
- Abitur (German university entrance diploma), final grade "sehr gut" (1.2).
Grants, Awards, and External Funding
- Volkswagenstiftung funds my Digital Humanities project on spoken post-modern poetry in the "Mixed Methods in the Humanities" programme.
- 02/2014 - 02/2017
- PostDoc grant by Daimler-und-Benz foundation.
- Körber foundation awarded me with a full sponsorship of the ACCSDS workshop through its funds for young researchers.
- Hamburg University trust travel grant to present at the workshop on Feedback in Dialog (Stevenson, OR, USA).
- DAAD travel grant awarded for presenting at ACL (Jeju, Korea).
- University of Texas at El Paso fully financed the collaboration on prosodic language models, including my research stay in El Paso, USA.
- ISCA travel grant awarded for participating at Interspeech (Brighton, UK).
- 5/2009 - 9/2009
- DAAD short-term grant for visiting researchers for my stay in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 10/2005 - 3/2006
- Erasmus one-semester scholarship for studying abroad in Granada, Spain.
- DAAD one-year scholarship for studying abroad in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Book award by the German Physical Society (DPG) which is given annualy to the top 1 % of German physics high-school graduates.
Edit | History | Recent Changes (all) | Search
Page last modified on December 09, 2021, at 11:20 AM
Powered by PmWiki